The following are LifeHealthPro.com‘s “Top 12 Cheesy Sales Lines to Avoid:”
- “What will it take to earn your business?”— Uh, maybe you could act like a professional and show me how I’m going to benefit from your product or service?
- “Is price the only thing holding you back?”—No, but the fact that you think price is the most important issue shows your complete lack of sales ability.
- “Here’s the phone, why not call your wife right now and talk to her?”—Seriously?
- “Don’t you want to save money?”—No, I’m an idiot. But, please insult my intelligence again by asking another stupid question like this.
- “If I could show you (insert benefit), would you be interested?”—How about you ask me a question or two so you can figure out how your product will help me?
- “This price won’t last long.”—Really? You can’t come up with anything better than that?
- “At this price, we’ll be sold out by the end of the day.”—Sure…and your new shipment arrives tomorrow morning.
- “I don’t think we’ll be offering this incentive next week.”—Yeah? I bet it will be better then, so maybe I’ll wait.
- “What do you know about us?”—Didn’t I just see a scathing story in the news last week?
- “What do I need to do to get you into…?”—You’re not “getting” me into anything with that approach.
- “Have you heard about us?”—No, and do you really think this question is going to make me want to listen to your sales pitch?
- “What are your needs?”—Why don’t you ask me some good questions that take a bit of thought and effort and I’ll tell you?
National Agents Alliance wants to know: Are you guilty of making a sales line faux-pas?