Many people never reach success because they immediately give up after they’ve experienced failure. This is a HUGE mistake. Failure is only one of many steps on the journey to success. Many of National Agents Alliance’s top agents failed many times before rising to the top, including the CEO and President Andy Albright. Bill and Diane Lampe were up to $175,000 in credit card debt before working with NAA. But they didn’t give up; they took their failure as a sign that they needed to work harder in order to succeed.
One failure does not mean that you’ll never become successful. Many people have been told that they can’t achieve their goals or that they’ll never be good enough; but the people who achieve success are the ones who use that negativity as fuel to work harder to prove others wrong. You woke up this morning, which means that you have the opportunity to work towards success today, and if you wake up tomorrow morning, you may find that you’ve achieved it. Once you’ve experienced failure, you’ll appreciate success so much more.
If you don’t believe us, watch this YouTube video called Famous Failures. The video talks about the times that some of the most successful actresses, bands, athletes, presidents, historical figures, and others have failed or been told they they’d never make it. If they can overcome failure, you can too.
For more motivation and inspiration, subscribe to this blog and check out our blog post titled “Find Your Inspiration with National Agents Alliance.”
If you want to follow Andy Albright and the top agents’ lead, you have to do what they’re doing – and that includes reading the books that they’re reading. Andy doesn’t pick books for the month just for fun; he picks books that helped him succeed and can help you succeed as well. If you want to take the first step to success, you have to read!
Andy recognizes that not everyone loves to read. It can be difficult for some people to pick up a book; that’s why he recommends ripping out a page and reading it until you feel that you’ve understood it. Then you can move on to the next page, and continue until you’ve read the whole book. If you’re pressed for time, just take 10 to 15 minutes out of each day to read. The more you read, the more you’ll learn and you’ll be able to grow.
What book do you start with? The book of the month! Andy has made it easy for you to keep track of what the top agents are reading. He chooses one or two books every month for his book club, and members get these books sent directly to them at the beginning of each month at a discounted price! This is the easiest way to follow Andy’s lead. By joining the book club, you’ll save yourself time and money by having the books automatically sent to you with the price already discounted. Because Andy has already picked these books for you, you know you’ll have the keys to success in your hands every month. You can join Andy’s book club at https://www.shopatnaa.com/andysbookclub
If you aren’t a member yet, but want to know what the top agents are reading now, the books of the month for September 2013 are The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey and The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino. These are great books to start reading if you’re waiting on your membership to begin.
Andy also recently started an author page on www.goodreads.com. On this website you can rate Andy’s books, The 8 Steps to Success and Millionaire Maker Manual, rate the books of the month once you’ve read them, become a fan or friend of Andy, and see what others are saying about your favorite books.
The Lead Performance Team works hard to create and distribute leads to you every day, but they’re also busy trying to make sure that all agents understand National Agents Alliance’s sophisticated lead system. They offer classes during NAA’s events to educate agents about where leads come from, what the lead types are, and how to purchase those leads.
If you haven’t taken the Introductory Lead Class yet, the Lead Performance Team is offering the class in four cities during next week’s War Parties for only $29! See the list below for the dates and locations:
- September 9th– Boston, Massachusetts (9 – 11 a.m.)
- September 10th – Phoenix, Arizona (9 – 11 a.m.)
- September 11th – St. Louis, Missouri (8:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- September 11th – Burlington, North Carolina (9 – 11 a.m.)
The Introductory Lead Class will help you gain a concrete understanding of the lead system and the leads themselves. It’s a great way for new agents to learn how leads are created and how they roll to become different types of leads. You’ll also learn the best ways to navigate the website to become a more successful agent.
During the class, you’ll receive a manual full of valuable information that you can always refer back to. There will be other extras offered during the class, but you’ll have to sign up to find out what they are!
If you’re interested in attending a class, please email Alison Shytle at email@example.com or call her at 336-227-3319 extension 1308. We can’t wait to see you there!
Our President and CEO, Andy Albright is one of the most motivated and inspirational people we know – but where does all of that inspiration come from? In this blog, we’ll tell you where some of the most successful people find the motivation to work hard and constantly improve.
Others Who Have Achieved Success
Andy always tells agents to use “association,” meaning to associate with people who have already achieved the success that you want. Study their habits and work ethic to see how they got to where they are today and how you can do it too. It’s always inspiring to see someone who worked hard to earn the lifestyle they believed they deserved. Hotspots and President’s Club Night Owls are a great way for you to associate with the most successful agents.
Risk taking actually gives many people the motivation to work harder. When there’s something to lose, you’ll be more likely to take action to ensure that you’ll make a gain rather than a loss. When you’ve put your own money into your business, there is always the possibility of failure; however, the risk of losing the money you earned often makes you work harder to keep it and to make more money. Stepping out of your comfort zone can really boost your motivation and make you more successful.
People Who Don’t Believe in You
It seems kind of strange that you could find inspiration from people who don’t believe you can be successful, but many people do. Think about all of the people who told you that you weren’t good enough or that you’d never make it, and discover ways to prove them wrong. Maybe someone didn’t hire you because you weren’t “fit for the position” – think of ways you can be happier and more successful than you would have been at that job. Use all of those negative comments as motivation to reach your potential and prove to yourself that the people who put you down were wrong and didn’t know how much you could actually achieve.
Andy Albright strongly believes that reading can change people. That’s why he started a book club that will send you his “book of the month” automatically at the beginning of each month. By reading, you’re opening your mind to other people’s ideas. This can spark new motivations, inspirations, and ideas that you haven’t thought of before. A good book can challenge your way of thinking and help you become a better person.
To read a story we found inspiring, see our blog “NAA’s Chris Wassarman Makes a Difference.” If you want more information about where Andy gets his inspiration, you can read his blog at http://www.andyalbright.com.
When it comes to getting work done, everyone has some distractions that slow them down. Although some distractions are unavoidable, there are some small changes you can make to help you stay focused and improve your productivity. If you make the changes discussed below, you’ll be on your way to getting more work done and making more money!
- Stop multitasking in front of clients and during meetings. Although it’s tempting to answer emails and texts while working with a customer or sitting in meeting, it’s probably hurting your business. Customers feel more comfortable when you give them your full attention and are more likely to give you a referral. During meetings, you’re probably missing important information when you’re looking down at your phone. You’ll have to ask questions of your coworkers about what you missed, which wastes your time and theirs. If you’re paying attention the first time, you won’t have to waste time and money asking people to repeat everything.
- Turn off your notifications. Even though you want to watch the cute video of your nephew or see the hilarious photo your brother sent you, you don’t need to be notified the instant it’s posted on Facebook. You can’t stay focused on your work when you’re constantly checking your phone or computer. Set your notifications to go off before or after work hours and schedule a time during the day to look at all of your social media, personal emails, texts, and other notifications. If your schedule changes from day to day, make a list of all of the things you need to get done before you check your notifications. This will help you stay focused on what’s important and spend less time looking through things unrelated to work.
- Listen to people who are helping you achieve your goals. Make a list of people who help you achieve your goals and another list of people who hold you back. Listen to the people on your first list, not your second. Try to spend more time with people who help you achieve your goals or encourage you to work harder, while spending less time with people who are distracting. If you’re being distracted by chatter that isn’t encouraging, don’t listen to it anymore. When you spend time with people who aren’t encouraging you, your goals slip further and further away. When your peers support your goals and cheer you on, you’re on the path to success
These are simple change you can make in your daily routines to help you become more focused, productive, and successful. National Agents Alliance is dedicated to making sure that you’ve got all of the tools you need to reach your potential. If you’re interested in spending more time with people who want you to succeed, talk with agents at your local Hotspot meeting every week – they’re the people you want to spend your time with! Visit www.naahotspots.com to find your local hotspot meeting.
You’ve probably heard a lot of information about winning a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas, but did you know you could be cruising in a suite in June 2014? National Agents Alliance is hosting a contest and the top ten power levels, producers, and hotspots will be staying in suites!
The suites are larger than regular staterooms and have balconies with great views. If you win a stay in the AquaTheater Suite, Sky Loft, Crown Loft, Owner’s Suite, or Grand Suite, you’ll also get special treatment all over the ship with services like priority check-in, reserved seating at shows, special seating in some lounge areas, an exclusive invitation to the Captain’s cocktail hour, concierge service, and more!
Before you can claim your suite, you first have to earn your spot on the ship. To find out more information on the cruise and how to qualify, login to NAAleads.com, click on the “My NAA” tab, then place your cursor over “Contests” on the left side bar and choose “Cruise Contests”. This page contains all of the information you need about the cruise in June 2014.
If you’d like to see photos and learn more about the suites, click on the following link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/home.do?br=R&cabincls=D&shipCode=OA
Check your email each week to find out more about all of the amazing features the Oasis of the Seas has to offer. Also, watch the TWC every Wednesday to hear Andy announce who has qualified for the cruise! If you keep working hard, you could be cruising in a luxury suite in June 2014!
Anyone can become a leader, but it doesn’t happen overnight. Some people jump right in to leadership positions, while others like to take baby steps. For those of you who can jump right in to leadership positions, see our blog post “Tips for Leading Others.” For those who prefer baby steps, here are a few starting points:
- Make eye contact and get people involved. It sounds easy, but it can be difficult to remember when you’re in the moment. Take a good look at each person and gauge how they’re responding to you. To keep people involved, ask a lot of questions or have them imagine themselves in the situations that you’re discussing.
- Stay calm and composed. Whether you’re talking to clients or coworkers, it can be easy to get flustered, nervous or frustrated. No matter what your emotions are inside, you have to remain cool and collected on the outside. Take deep breaths and be aware of your body language. Sit or stand up straight, speak with confidence and take time to think through responses before you blurt things out.
- Learn from your mistakes. Many people dwell on their mistakes or beat themselves up over failures. Remember that everyone makes mistakes and that you can always turn failures into valuable lessons. Leaders accept the failure and move on. Some people have to consciously remind themselves to keep their heads up, while others bounce back without thinking about it. Being mindful of your reaction to failure can help you turn negative thinking into positive thinking.
- Always focus on your goals. Write your goals down and put them some place where you can see them every day. Try to accomplish small goals to help you get to your larger goals. Once you’ve accomplished one goal, start working toward your next one.
To get more tips on becoming a leader, register for the Albright Challenge! The Albright Challenge is a great program that can help you achieve your goals, reach your potential, take charge of your future, and become a leader.
A few weeks ago, the Alliance hosted the “Get Your Ship Together” Leadership Conference July 12-14. Getting your ship together can involve solving a problem, facing challenges, and working towards self-growth. However, the journey doesn’t stop there. National Agents Alliance leader Andy Albright knows that even when you’ve achieved success, there’s always more room for improvement.
Here are a few tips you can use to get and keep your ship together:
- Stay Focused. You already know that when facing a challenge, you have to stay focused on the issues in order to improve. But many people get lazy once the problems are solved. Even after you’ve conquered the biggest challenges, your focus should still remain on improvements for the future. If you stay focused on your goals, improvements, and the future, you will be able to face the next challenge more readily, or even avoid issues all together.
- Adapt to Changes. What brought you success yesterday may not be what brings you success tomorrow. The world is constantly changing and to continue to be successful means searching for new ways to achieve your goals.
- Stay Positive. Remain confident and never let your positive attitude fade. Remind yourself every day that you are in charge of your own happiness and that you have the power to inspire others around you. You can help others simply by striving for growth.
Confidence and focus are keys to facing challenges and preparing yourself for the future. Life is full of challenges, but you can work through them if you believe in yourself.
BURLINGTON, N.C. – The final touches are being put in place at National Agents Alliance headquarters as staff members prepare to host agents from across the United Sates for the “Get Your Ship Together” Leadership Conference July 12-14.
For months, NAA has diligently worked to give its headquarters a makeover that has included numerous renovations to accommodate The Alliance’s best and brightest from around the country.
“We are ready for members of The Alliance to come hang out for the weekend at our headquarters where we have created a home-court advantage for our team,” National Agents Alliance President and CEO Andy Albright said Thursday. “We’ve made major upgrades, opened up more floor space and have spared no expense to make this event the biggest we’ve ever hosted in Burlington. I think our agents are going to be blown away by the upgrades to our facility.”
Pre-event activities include a Lead Certification class hosted by NAA’s Lead Performance Team and a free annuity training seminar with annuity specialist Matthew Rettick. The event officially kicks off on Friday at 1 p.m. and concludes Sunday around 1 p.m. Vendor booths and the NAA store will be open throughout the weekend.
The three-day event will feature The Alliance’s top agents, delivering training and inspirational stories from stage. The weekend will also offer a lecture from Alamance Community College’s Jeff Bright, musical entertainment from The Goads and a keynote address from Andy Albright.
“The weekend promises to be informative, educational, uplifting and fun,” Albright said. “People are going to leave this event with a new focus and we think this event will serve as a springboard to bigger things for our team for the rest of 2013.”
National Agents Alliance, founded in 2002, recently hit two major milestones by surpassing 1 million submitted applications and 100 billion in submitted coverage via its multiple trusted partners like Mutual of Omaha, Foresters, Columbian Financial Group, Monumental Life, Fidelity & Guaranty, Baltimore Life, Kemper Senior Solutions, ING, etc.
Ship could be defined by any challenge that comes in and out of your life. What is holding you back from being great? What is holding you back from being successful? Stop waiting for your troubles to disappear. Procrastinating is never productive; it wastes time and energy that you could be using elsewhere.
There’s no perfect definition of ‘ship’. Your ship and my ship could mean two opposite things, but the end result should be the same. Clarity. Positivity. Self-growth.
The Alliance wants you to think about what in your life you can do better at. Change your approach.
Here are a few steps you can take to help ‘Get Your Ship Together’:
- Stop wasting time doing unnecessary activities. Think about the 4 Quadrants Andy Albright is has discussed on The Wednesday Call. What is important? What is NOT important? What can wait and what has to be done now!
- Get a plan, make a checklist and stick to it. Don’t get sidetracked!
- Build your confidence. Jot down 10 strengths you have now and how you can use them to your advantage.
By understanding what in life you need to change, it opens the doors to many opportunities. Figure it out! Your future is out there!