If you haven’t looked over “The 8 Steps to Success” lately, it might be time to review them! It never hurts to keep your mind refreshed with these eight steps to make sure you are getting the most out of your career and personal life.
Step 1: Personal Use: In order to be successful, you must have integrity. Integrity is what guides you toward your goals. It’s your baseline for how to think and act. Andy says, “Integrity begins with knowing, believing, and investing in the products and services you offer.” Therefore, it is important to believe in the company and product you are selling in order to be successful. How can you convince someone to buy into your product if you don’t believe in it yourself? Make your business personal before you take the next step towards success.
Step 2: Work: In order to accomplish your goals, you must work for them. Nothing is ever simply going to be handed to you. In order to obtain those goals, it is important to set out a plan on how to reach them. You have to make a commitment, stay focused, stay motivated, and work hard.
Step 3: Listen: Listening is a key part of good communication skills. Without good communication, you cannot expect to be successful. Therefore, it is important to make sure you pay attention to your surroundings. Listen to what your customers want. Listen to the successful people around you. Listen and absorb!
Step 4: Read: Reading helps you to grow. How else do you expect to keep learning and keep your brain active? There is so much you can get out of a book that will help you to succeed. Don’t feel like you have to read for an hour, or read an entire book in one sitting. Take a few minutes out of each day to read, and allow yourself to grow. Andy has an excellent book list that has helped him and many others get to where they are today. Take a look, and pick a book!
Step 5: Attend All Meetings: Meetings are a great opportunity to network and grow. This is a time to learn about what is really going on at work. This is a time to learn new ideas and strategies to help you succeed. Attending meetings show you are serious about your work and that you genuinely care about what is going on.
Step 6: Be Teachable: Change is not always a bad thing, especially if you want to grow. In order to be successful, you must have the mentality that you want to keep learning and change at a fast pace. Being able to continuously learn opens the door for more growth and success.
Step 7: Be Accountable: It is important to be accountable for all of your actions if you want to achieve your goals. Being accountable for your actions doesn’t mean just your good actions; it’s being accountable for the bad ones, too. How do you expect to succeed if you can’t accept your successes and failures?
Step 8: Communicate With a Positive Mental Attitude! Positive attitudes attract positive attitudes. In order to be successful, it is important to be optimistic and be positive. Surround yourself with other positive people. Staying positive will only keep you on the right track to success.
If you don’t already have a copy of Andy’s book, “The 8 Steps to Success” don’t forget to pick up one from the NAA store and learn more about how these eight steps can help you succeed, just like they helped Andy and all of NAA’s top agents to succeed. If you have it, reread it to refresh your memory!
Many Americans feel stuck with jobs that they hate. They feel like they have to choose between happiness and success, but National Agents Alliance believes that you can achieve both. If you enjoy helping others and getting paid to do it, you can find success and happiness as an agent with the Alliance. Here are four tips to help you on your journey to have fun, make money, and make a difference.
- Develop real relationships with your customers. When you stop viewing your work as a “job” and start thinking of it as a chance to meet others and make a difference in their lives, it doesn’t feel like work anymore. Successful agents go into a customer’s home feeling like they’re going to help a family and make new friends; they don’t view customers as “just another sale.” If you’re sincere with your customers, they’ll be more comfortable with you and be more likely to work with you and give you referrals. When you’ve made a real relationship with your customers, you won’t feel like a failure if they decide not to make a sale – you’ll know that they’re comfortable with you and will contact you when they change their minds or will refer you to someone who might be interested.
- Strive for growth. You can’t expect to be happier or more successful if you don’t try. Start by figuring out your strengths and weaknesses and work towards improving them both. If you’re good at selling final expense insurance, aim to sell a few more each week. If you don’t sell many annuities, get more training and find out how other agents sell more annuities. When you give yourself a goal to strive for, you’ll feel more confident and will become more successful.
- Don’t worry about things you can’t control. Everyone has heard the old saying “There’s no use crying over spilled milk.” It’s true – there is no point in stressing yourself out about things that you cannot control. If you get a flat tire on the way to an appointment, don’t freak out and get upset. Call your customer and be honest about your situation, but assure them that you care and will be there as soon as you are able. If it takes some time to set up another appointment, send them a card or a gift to let them know that you’re sorry and that you care. If you freak out and get upset, you’ll just cause yourself more stress and people won’t want to be around you. Just keep calm and move on.
- Take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, exercise, and eat well. Don’t beat yourself up if you didn’t make many sales, just think of it as a problem you need to fix. Think about what went wrong and try to improve. If you’re down on yourself, customers may see your attitude as a lack of confidence in the product rather than in yourself. Talk with your upline or loved ones when you need encouragement. Remember that success doesn’t come without failure.
If you’re interested in more sales tips and motivation, sign up for the Burlington Fall Forward at www.allianceeventures.com and read our blog post, “The Alliance Knows Success Doesn’t Come without Failure.”
We’ve enjoyed all of the family and individual photos you’ve posted on Instagram for our latest “Get Your Ship Together” contest, but it’s coming to an end in just a few weeks! The winners of the Instagram Pirate contest will be announced during the Burlington Fall Forward event, so you’ll have to get your photos in by October 18th if you’d like to participate!
Check out the Alliance’s photo of our team members getting free doughnuts at Krispy Kreme on “International Talk Like a Pirate Day.”
Winners of the contest will be announced for 2 categories: Best Family Photo and Best Individual Photo. Winners will receive the following prizes:
• 2 (YOU and a guest) reserved seats with Andy for a meal during NatCon14 in Charlotte, N.C.
• 2 (YOU and a guest) of the best seats in the house at NatCon14 in Charlotte, N.C.
• $50 NAA Store gift card redeemable at NatCon14 in Charlotte, N.C.
• Your picture will appear in the NatCon14 program
You still have time to participate! Login to Instagram on your tablet or smartphone, follow National Agents Alliance, post your pirate picture with the hashtag #NAAPirates and you’re entered to win! Just remember that your submissions have to be in by October 18th!
While you’re on Instagram, follow Andy Albright (andysalbright) too!
As you’ve heard, there are two Fall Forward events coming up in October. The first event will take place from October 4th to the 6th in Los Angeles, California and the second will be from October 18th to the 20th at the Alliance headquarters in Burlington, NC. These events may not be close to you, so why should you spend time and money traveling to these events? We’ll tell you why!
LPT Intro Class
If you haven’t taken the Lead Performance Team Introductory class, it’s something you should sign up for. NAA’s lead system is very sophisticated and is constantly evolving. This class will help you understand the different types of leads, how leads are generated, the cost of leads, the online lead system, and which leads you should start out working. The class is only $29 and it’s a step you have to take if you’d like to get your Lead Certification.
Many agents know how to sell insurance, but annuities can be a little more difficult if you’re unfamiliar with the products. This training is important if you want to learn more about annuities, who the ideal customer is, and how to overcome customer concerns.
Andy always stresses how important association is, and this is a huge opportunity for you to get close to the top agents and learn directly from them! If you want to be a millionaire, you need to hang out with and get tips from people who are already millionaires. This is the perfect chance for you to learn from the best! If you buy the all-inclusive ticket, you can sit down and have a meal with these agents. If you’re a member of the President’s Club you can attend the Night Owl and get even more one-on-one time with them!
Make More Money
We have seen evidence that agents who attend our events make more sales than agents who do not. This is because we provide the training and motivation at our events that you need in order to be successful. You have questions, and we have the answers. Why would you not want to be there?
Tickets are going fast, so if you want to reserve your spot at one of the two Fall Forward events, you’ll have to act now. Go to https://www.allianceeventures.com/meetings/2013-fall-forward/register-now to register now! You don’t want to miss this opportunity!
Many people never reach success because they immediately give up after they’ve experienced failure. This is a HUGE mistake. Failure is only one of many steps on the journey to success. Many of National Agents Alliance’s top agents failed many times before rising to the top, including the CEO and President Andy Albright. Bill and Diane Lampe were up to $175,000 in credit card debt before working with NAA. But they didn’t give up; they took their failure as a sign that they needed to work harder in order to succeed.
One failure does not mean that you’ll never become successful. Many people have been told that they can’t achieve their goals or that they’ll never be good enough; but the people who achieve success are the ones who use that negativity as fuel to work harder to prove others wrong. You woke up this morning, which means that you have the opportunity to work towards success today, and if you wake up tomorrow morning, you may find that you’ve achieved it. Once you’ve experienced failure, you’ll appreciate success so much more.
If you don’t believe us, watch this YouTube video called Famous Failures. The video talks about the times that some of the most successful actresses, bands, athletes, presidents, historical figures, and others have failed or been told they they’d never make it. If they can overcome failure, you can too.
For more motivation and inspiration, subscribe to this blog and check out our blog post titled “Find Your Inspiration with National Agents Alliance.”
If you want to follow Andy Albright and the top agents’ lead, you have to do what they’re doing – and that includes reading the books that they’re reading. Andy doesn’t pick books for the month just for fun; he picks books that helped him succeed and can help you succeed as well. If you want to take the first step to success, you have to read!
Andy recognizes that not everyone loves to read. It can be difficult for some people to pick up a book; that’s why he recommends ripping out a page and reading it until you feel that you’ve understood it. Then you can move on to the next page, and continue until you’ve read the whole book. If you’re pressed for time, just take 10 to 15 minutes out of each day to read. The more you read, the more you’ll learn and you’ll be able to grow.
What book do you start with? The book of the month! Andy has made it easy for you to keep track of what the top agents are reading. He chooses one or two books every month for his book club, and members get these books sent directly to them at the beginning of each month at a discounted price! This is the easiest way to follow Andy’s lead. By joining the book club, you’ll save yourself time and money by having the books automatically sent to you with the price already discounted. Because Andy has already picked these books for you, you know you’ll have the keys to success in your hands every month. You can join Andy’s book club at https://www.shopatnaa.com/andysbookclub
If you aren’t a member yet, but want to know what the top agents are reading now, the books of the month for September 2013 are The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey and The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino. These are great books to start reading if you’re waiting on your membership to begin.
Andy also recently started an author page on www.goodreads.com. On this website you can rate Andy’s books, The 8 Steps to Success and Millionaire Maker Manual, rate the books of the month once you’ve read them, become a fan or friend of Andy, and see what others are saying about your favorite books.
The Lead Performance Team works hard to create and distribute leads to you every day, but they’re also busy trying to make sure that all agents understand National Agents Alliance’s sophisticated lead system. They offer classes during NAA’s events to educate agents about where leads come from, what the lead types are, and how to purchase those leads.
If you haven’t taken the Introductory Lead Class yet, the Lead Performance Team is offering the class in four cities during next week’s War Parties for only $29! See the list below for the dates and locations:
- September 9th– Boston, Massachusetts (9 – 11 a.m.)
- September 10th – Phoenix, Arizona (9 – 11 a.m.)
- September 11th – St. Louis, Missouri (8:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- September 11th – Burlington, North Carolina (9 – 11 a.m.)
The Introductory Lead Class will help you gain a concrete understanding of the lead system and the leads themselves. It’s a great way for new agents to learn how leads are created and how they roll to become different types of leads. You’ll also learn the best ways to navigate the website to become a more successful agent.
During the class, you’ll receive a manual full of valuable information that you can always refer back to. There will be other extras offered during the class, but you’ll have to sign up to find out what they are!
If you’re interested in attending a class, please email Alison Shytle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 336-227-3319 extension 1308. We can’t wait to see you there!
Our President and CEO, Andy Albright is one of the most motivated and inspirational people we know – but where does all of that inspiration come from? In this blog, we’ll tell you where some of the most successful people find the motivation to work hard and constantly improve.
Others Who Have Achieved Success
Andy always tells agents to use “association,” meaning to associate with people who have already achieved the success that you want. Study their habits and work ethic to see how they got to where they are today and how you can do it too. It’s always inspiring to see someone who worked hard to earn the lifestyle they believed they deserved. Hotspots and President’s Club Night Owls are a great way for you to associate with the most successful agents.
Risk taking actually gives many people the motivation to work harder. When there’s something to lose, you’ll be more likely to take action to ensure that you’ll make a gain rather than a loss. When you’ve put your own money into your business, there is always the possibility of failure; however, the risk of losing the money you earned often makes you work harder to keep it and to make more money. Stepping out of your comfort zone can really boost your motivation and make you more successful.
People Who Don’t Believe in You
It seems kind of strange that you could find inspiration from people who don’t believe you can be successful, but many people do. Think about all of the people who told you that you weren’t good enough or that you’d never make it, and discover ways to prove them wrong. Maybe someone didn’t hire you because you weren’t “fit for the position” – think of ways you can be happier and more successful than you would have been at that job. Use all of those negative comments as motivation to reach your potential and prove to yourself that the people who put you down were wrong and didn’t know how much you could actually achieve.
Andy Albright strongly believes that reading can change people. That’s why he started a book club that will send you his “book of the month” automatically at the beginning of each month. By reading, you’re opening your mind to other people’s ideas. This can spark new motivations, inspirations, and ideas that you haven’t thought of before. A good book can challenge your way of thinking and help you become a better person.
To read a story we found inspiring, see our blog “NAA’s Chris Wassarman Makes a Difference.” If you want more information about where Andy gets his inspiration, you can read his blog at http://www.andyalbright.com.
When it comes to getting work done, everyone has some distractions that slow them down. Although some distractions are unavoidable, there are some small changes you can make to help you stay focused and improve your productivity. If you make the changes discussed below, you’ll be on your way to getting more work done and making more money!
- Stop multitasking in front of clients and during meetings. Although it’s tempting to answer emails and texts while working with a customer or sitting in meeting, it’s probably hurting your business. Customers feel more comfortable when you give them your full attention and are more likely to give you a referral. During meetings, you’re probably missing important information when you’re looking down at your phone. You’ll have to ask questions of your coworkers about what you missed, which wastes your time and theirs. If you’re paying attention the first time, you won’t have to waste time and money asking people to repeat everything.
- Turn off your notifications. Even though you want to watch the cute video of your nephew or see the hilarious photo your brother sent you, you don’t need to be notified the instant it’s posted on Facebook. You can’t stay focused on your work when you’re constantly checking your phone or computer. Set your notifications to go off before or after work hours and schedule a time during the day to look at all of your social media, personal emails, texts, and other notifications. If your schedule changes from day to day, make a list of all of the things you need to get done before you check your notifications. This will help you stay focused on what’s important and spend less time looking through things unrelated to work.
- Listen to people who are helping you achieve your goals. Make a list of people who help you achieve your goals and another list of people who hold you back. Listen to the people on your first list, not your second. Try to spend more time with people who help you achieve your goals or encourage you to work harder, while spending less time with people who are distracting. If you’re being distracted by chatter that isn’t encouraging, don’t listen to it anymore. When you spend time with people who aren’t encouraging you, your goals slip further and further away. When your peers support your goals and cheer you on, you’re on the path to success
These are simple change you can make in your daily routines to help you become more focused, productive, and successful. National Agents Alliance is dedicated to making sure that you’ve got all of the tools you need to reach your potential. If you’re interested in spending more time with people who want you to succeed, talk with agents at your local Hotspot meeting every week – they’re the people you want to spend your time with! Visit www.naahotspots.com to find your local hotspot meeting.
At National Agents Alliance, we talk a lot about making a difference both in our agents’ lives and in the lives of our clients. Chris Wassarman shared the following story about an appointment that changed both his and his client’s life.
“Last night I met with a 58 year old woman who was completely deaf 100%. She was very good at reading lips so I was able to communicate with her that way. We were sitting at her kitchen table watching the Yankees game. She had a small $5,000 policy that was going to expire when she turned 70. She made a mere $10,000 a year and didn’t live in the nicest house, so I knew she needed something she could afford and at the same time that was actually going to fit her needs. I was able to write her up a $10,000 policy for only about $34 a month, which she could afford. She was grateful, to say the least.
Before I left she asked me what roads I would take to get back home; she has always wanted to drive more, but has never been able to because she felt restricted to her house due to her impairment. I told her that I really didn’t know because I have OnStar and the OnStar voice just directs me where to go so I don’t pay attention to the roads. She then told me with a saddened look on her face ‘Oh, so it’s not something that I could use’. I told her she could always use GPS because it shows a display. ‘How much are they?’ she asked, ‘I probably wouldn’t be able to afford it anyway.’ I knew that I had an extra GPS in my car that I didn’t use and on top of that I have OnStar, my fiancé has 2 GPS’s, and I have GPS on my phone, so I told her to hold on and I went to my car, grabbed my GPS, and gave it to her. The look in her eyes was more powerful than any words she could have ever said. She looked me in my eyes and said ‘Thank you! You just gave me freedom!’ Then gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek.
I swear I got more out of that appointment then she did. It’s things like that that really make you feel like you’re doing people good; it made me realize that this job is so much more than money, it is truly about just being able to reach out and help others. We really can change lives, and that is the true beauty of this opportunity.”
We love to hear stories like Chris’s, so if you have a story to share, send it to us at email@example.com. Your experiences can inspire others, and we’d love to share them here.