We’ve enjoyed all of the family and individual photos you’ve posted on Instagram for our latest “Get Your Ship Together” contest, but it’s coming to an end in just a few weeks! The winners of the Instagram Pirate contest will be announced during the Burlington Fall Forward event, so you’ll have to get your photos in by October 18th if you’d like to participate!
Check out the Alliance’s photo of our team members getting free doughnuts at Krispy Kreme on “International Talk Like a Pirate Day.”
Winners of the contest will be announced for 2 categories: Best Family Photo and Best Individual Photo. Winners will receive the following prizes:
• 2 (YOU and a guest) reserved seats with Andy for a meal during NatCon14 in Charlotte, N.C.
• 2 (YOU and a guest) of the best seats in the house at NatCon14 in Charlotte, N.C.
• $50 NAA Store gift card redeemable at NatCon14 in Charlotte, N.C.
• Your picture will appear in the NatCon14 program
You still have time to participate! Login to Instagram on your tablet or smartphone, follow National Agents Alliance, post your pirate picture with the hashtag #NAAPirates and you’re entered to win! Just remember that your submissions have to be in by October 18th!
While you’re on Instagram, follow Andy Albright (andysalbright) too!
A few weeks ago, the Alliance hosted the “Get Your Ship Together” Leadership Conference July 12-14. Getting your ship together can involve solving a problem, facing challenges, and working towards self-growth. However, the journey doesn’t stop there. National Agents Alliance leader Andy Albright knows that even when you’ve achieved success, there’s always more room for improvement.
Here are a few tips you can use to get and keep your ship together:
- Stay Focused. You already know that when facing a challenge, you have to stay focused on the issues in order to improve. But many people get lazy once the problems are solved. Even after you’ve conquered the biggest challenges, your focus should still remain on improvements for the future. If you stay focused on your goals, improvements, and the future, you will be able to face the next challenge more readily, or even avoid issues all together.
- Adapt to Changes. What brought you success yesterday may not be what brings you success tomorrow. The world is constantly changing and to continue to be successful means searching for new ways to achieve your goals.
- Stay Positive. Remain confident and never let your positive attitude fade. Remind yourself every day that you are in charge of your own happiness and that you have the power to inspire others around you. You can help others simply by striving for growth.
Confidence and focus are keys to facing challenges and preparing yourself for the future. Life is full of challenges, but you can work through them if you believe in yourself.
Ship could be defined by any challenge that comes in and out of your life. What is holding you back from being great? What is holding you back from being successful? Stop waiting for your troubles to disappear. Procrastinating is never productive; it wastes time and energy that you could be using elsewhere.
There’s no perfect definition of ‘ship’. Your ship and my ship could mean two opposite things, but the end result should be the same. Clarity. Positivity. Self-growth.
The Alliance wants you to think about what in your life you can do better at. Change your approach.
Here are a few steps you can take to help ‘Get Your Ship Together’:
- Stop wasting time doing unnecessary activities. Think about the 4 Quadrants Andy Albright is has discussed on The Wednesday Call. What is important? What is NOT important? What can wait and what has to be done now!
- Get a plan, make a checklist and stick to it. Don’t get sidetracked!
- Build your confidence. Jot down 10 strengths you have now and how you can use them to your advantage.
By understanding what in life you need to change, it opens the doors to many opportunities. Figure it out! Your future is out there!